The 252 architects' houses taken up in the register are represented on the map on the left. It is apparent that almost half (48.4%) of the houses are situated within the eastern half of the first crown of the Brussels Capital Region (indicated in light grey). This is clarified by the historical development of the left bank, which focused more on industry than on housing. Therefore, the socio-demographic growth of these districts influenced the choices architects made concerning where to build their house.
Among the newly explored districts, Ukkel was also found to be prominent, as ten percent of the newly discovered architects’ houses are situated in this municipality. By virtue of the tramway, serving the Brugmannlaan from 1875, Ukkel became a famous place to settle as it offered its inhabitants the opportunity to live in a more green area, while they were still in proximity to the active city centre of Brussels. Nevertheless, a few clusters of architects’ houses can be found. For instance within the surroundings of the Louizalaan, around the square of Marie Louise and Ambiorix, between the park of Vorst and the Brugmannlaan and also within the centre of Schaarbeek as it is represented. These architects’ neighbourhoods are explained by the fact that architects were subject to the general tendency to move towards areas with plenty of work opportunities, and these regions were popular among the more notable clientele